It was warm, yet dreary, the kind of day that reminds me of the way spring smells in the city. The smell reminds me of a high school locker room. Dirty gym socks and rank ass teenagers. The build up of frozen city sludge beginning to thaw and rot might as well be equally pleasant. Couple it with bum piss and the wafting raw sewage from some exposed pipes at a nearby construction site and you have something to look forward to.
I ended up at a local cheese shop looking for something that might compliment the sensuality of my morning fantasy, yet might also be threateningly reminiscent of the smell that greeted me as I stepped off the bus downtown.
I found what I was looking for rather quickly. I could see the orange rind through the window, and the clerk's grin let me know that she was looking for a distasteful reaction as I brought the sample that she sliced for me to my nose.
The cutie in
Bachensteinerwhich:
Stinky German style soft cheese
Sliced sweet onions
Grain mustard
Jew bread (rye, not matzo)
No comments:
Post a Comment